Going to a bistro was quite the thing in the seventies. The rustic style of French cooking seemed to appeal and the checked tablecloths were a stylistic feature. They tended to fall a bit out of fashion later, but there has been a resurgence of interest recently, in fact there is quite a gastro-bistro trend going on. For their latest seasonal collection, Maille have taken on the vibe and the tastes of the classic French bistro.
So what’s on the summer menu?
Mustard with Aubergine and a Hint of Rosemary
Suggested as an accompaniment to a goat cheese tarte tatin or a fillet of red mullet, this mustard packs in traditional Mediterranean flavours like aubergine and rosemary. It has a smooth texture and the aubergine provides a slightly smokey flavour which combines well with the aromatic rosemary.
Mustard with Red & Green Peppers, White Wine and a Touch of Espelette Chilli
Perfect paired with a classic French chicken supreme or a beef tartare or even a fillet of cod, this punchy mustard mixes red and green peppers, with the spicy taste of the espelette chilli. This is a mustard that can lift a dish and take it to another level. If your meal is a little bland, try a little on the side to provide some zing.
Mustard with Rhubarb, Strawberry and White Wine
Strawberries are the taste of summer for me and rhubarb is making a comeback this year. This is a great mustard to team up with a yoghurt or maybe some eggy bread.
I have another set of summer menu mustards to giveaway to readers of A Little Luxury For Me, so if you’d like to win enter via the Rafflecopter widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 15 May 2015.
a Rafflecopter giveaway