The Sleekster Classic Christmas Selection made its way to our house the other week. It’s made by Hotel Chocolat who make the most exquisite, luxury chocolates and it’s part of their latest seasonal collection for Christmas 2013. As you can see it comes in a lovely box that would be very welcome addition to just about anybody’s present pile.
The fun thing about the Sleekster Classic Christmas Selection is that the Christmas theme continues inside the box. There’s a wonderful array to choose from a full menu card so you can pick out the ones that appeal most:
- Chambord Royale -A real Champagne truffle blended with black raspberry liqueur.
- Christmas Mess – Fabulously fruity cranberry ganache and strawberry mousse with meringue sprinkles.
- Cranberry Cup – Invigoratingly tangy cranberries blended in a more-cocoa white chocolate ganache.
- Rum Punch -A creamy milk truffle with ginger and orange and lashings of premium Jamaican rum.
- Nutmeg & Almond Praline -A creamy milk truffle with ginger and orange and lashings of premium Jamaican rum.
- White Chocolate & Vanilla Bell – Cast in our exquisitely creamy more-cocoa white chocolate with vanilla essence and seeds.
- Dark Christmas Tree – Cast in our classically smooth dark chocolate with deep aromas and punchy cocoa notes. This was one of my personal favourites and they look just like a Christmas tree too.
- 50% Milk Bauble – Deeply chocolaty but still gorgeously milky – made with less sugar and more cocoa. A good one for children if you feel able to share.
- Pistachio Praline Crunch – Pistachio praline with cherry pieces and a hint of rose crowned with a whole pistachio nut.
- Mulled Port – A deliciously warming truffle with our own ruby port, spiced with Pimento leaf and bitter orange.
- Marzipan & Amaretto Truffle – Fine almond marzipan softened with a splash of mellow amaretto. A big hit with the husband who is known for his fondness of amaretto.
- Caramel Supernova – A star of oozingly soft caramel paired with our 70% dark chocolate.
- Praline Crisp Star – A rewarding contrast of smooth, mellow praline and masses of nibbly feuilletine.