For me a shower is an every day luxury. It’s something that helps me get ready to face the day each and every morning. A shower is also something I look forward to after a long, busy or hot day. A shower gets me clean, but it’s also therapeutic. The heat helps ease any aches and pains away. But, choosing the right shower and the right shower products can make it feel like a special experience. Here are my tips for making your daily shower a bit more luxurious.
- Pick out the right shower. Luxury Shower Cabins are the way to go I think. They come with a wide range of features like touch screen control panel with Bluetooth connectivity and fast start steam generators with tri-jet steam outlet and aromatherapy injection system. Your shower can become a spa experience that you can enjoy in your own home, each and every day. Steam showers are a great way to manage stress, but they have other health benefits too. They can help clear your nasal passages if you have a cold and will stimulate circulation.
- A generous, separate shower cubicle. A shower above the bath can be a practical solution, but it doesn’t feel very luxurious. If you can find a way to fit it in, I’d go for a separate shower cubicle, ideally one that is nice and roomy. Space to move around easily makes a shower feel more luxurious.
- Good water pressure. Make sure your existing plumbing is up to the job and choose good quality shower fittings to make sure you get the effect you desire. Consider the way you shower and find fittings that suit. A overhead rain shower fitting might look and feel great, but if you want to keep your hair dry in the shower, it may not be for you.
- Create the right environment. There’s no point in having a lovely shower if the rest of your bathroom doesn’t spark some joy. Make your bathroom a real oasis in your home.
- Pick out the right accessories. For me fluffy towels and a bathmat I can sink my feet into are key. If you like a scrub mitt, a sponge or a loofah in the shower, choose what you like using and have it there. Whatever your preference, make sure you have the things you love.
- Shower products. For me a key part of the experience is picking out a good shower gel, body scrub, shampoo and soap. Try a few things out and see what you like. For me something citrus scented is good for first thing in the morning or before a night out (mint can work well too). Ahead of bed time maybe a little lavender to help you get to sleep. Maybe something therapeutic with aromatherapy essential oils ahead of a cosy, relaxing evening on the sofa.
A shower can and should be an every day luxury. It doesn’t have to be simply about getting yourself clean. Bring the spa into your home.