Is there really anything better than going to the beach? Well, we’ve got one thing: going to the beach on a winter holiday. There are plenty of people out there who hate the cold, seek the sun and are desperate to head out on a break to find that sunshine – and rightly so. There’s nothing quite like being on the beach when the weather is beautiful, and there are some places in the world that you can find all year around.
The thing is, when the season is an off season, you need to think about whether you can get all of the activities that you want to do during your break. There might be a surf school open, but you might not be able to snorkel or go scuba diving. Either way, it’s not a reason to avoid going to the beach in the winter. What else can you do at the beach? Let’s take a look at five fun things that you can do while you’re there.
- Play games. The beach isn’t just for water sports, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun. Cornhole is one of the beach favorites that people play and when you pair that with an epic game of frisbee, you get the chance to run around like a wild thing! The beach is a great place to enjoy sports with friends and family, and it is the place where you can make exciting memories.
- Water play. Whether you want to relax on the water by paddleboarding, or you want to attend that local surf school and you rent a board and wetsuit, you should consider how you can have fun on the water during the off season. You could even learn to body surf, which is a fun way to spend time in the water.
- Collect sea glass. Not every beach day has to involve sitting or swimming. You could walk up and down the beach collecting seashells and sea glass, and these can be collected to make the coolest necklaces and crafty bracelets. There are so many options out there, and if you find the right amount of sea glass, you’ll have an entire ornament in no time at all.
- Have a picnic. You might want to stick to the sand dunes for this one, especially if you go to the beach on a windy day. There’s sandwiches and then there are sand-filled rolls, and we want to avoid the latter. You could bring along a lot of things like chips and dips as well as fresh fruits to enjoy while you’re at the beach. You’ll save money on beachside restaurants and cafes when you do this, and you can find a ton of recipes online that will cater to your beachside picnic.
- Go and see a bonfire. Is there anything better than a bonfire party at the beach? Toasting marshmallows and making s’mores is just a fun part of ending the beach day out.