We love cooking and eating fish in this house, so we were delighted when The Saucy Fish Co had asked me to take part in their Amazing Together campaign. I picked out the tuna steaks to work with and they come with a sweet soy and chilli dressing. Working with this classic combination of the meaty tuna with the soy sauce, I’ve created a quick and easy Asian style dish using a range of stir fried vegetables teamed up with ever so easy rice noodles.
- 1 packet of Saucy Fish Co fish and sauce: seasoned tuna with sachet of sweet soy and chilli dressing
- 300g of straight to wok rice noodles
- 200g pak choi (cut into halves)
- 200g broccoli stems
- 120g oyster mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 120g shitake mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- handful dry roasted peanuts (crushed)
- 4 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons of soy sauce
Serves 2 as main course
1. Heat 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil in a large non stick wok over a high heat and pan fry the pak choi and broccoli with this and a couple of teaspoons of soy sauce plus the crushed garlic. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and keep warm.
2. Adding a little more oil and soy as needed, pan fry the mushrooms for a couple of minutes and then add in the rice noodles for another minute. Add the egg and mix in thoroughly for the last minute of cooking.Transfer to serving bowl.
3. Clean out the pan with some kitchen paper and add more sesame oil. When hot, pan fry the tuna for 30 seconds to one minute each side depending on how you like your tuna done. Meanwhile heat up the sauce sachet following the pack instructions.
4. Serve up vegetables and noodles with tuna on the side with the sweet soy and chilli dressing. Garnish with the crushed peanuts.
This is a delicious dish inspired by Asian flavour combinations, which are amazing together. Ideal for a weekday evening meal as it’s so quick to prepare and cook.