We all need a little colour in our lives and one of the things that has been livening up lockdown is all the rainbows displayed in local windows. Rainbows are one of those things that make everyone smile: I don’t know whether it’s the sun coming after rain or just the sheer joy of the colours. Some place a meaning of rainbows and use them to represent a cause, others just enjoy them. Whatever your thoughts on the matter, a bracelet like this one would lend a pop of colour to any outfit.
The eco-conscious jewellery and vinyl decor brand, Nothing New by Ruthie Ru, has just launched two new ranges perfect for those who are cause conscious or colour loving. Ruthie Ru is a relative newcomer to the UK jewellery and home decor scene, having originally trained and worked as a Stage Manager in London’s West End. Being well versed in creating and building everything from scenery to props for award winning shows, Ruthie’s hand turned naturally to making jewellery for friends and family before launching her own business three years ago.Ruthie says, “I’ve always had a passion for recycling and upcycling. Each year millions of tonnes of ‘fast fashion’ including items of jewellery, are sent to landfill as they’re broken, parts are lost or people’s tastes change. With the current trend for plastic and resin pieces we urge consumers to think twice about where they’re buying from and what processes have been employed to make that item. Instead, look for a small, artisan makers. Choose recycled or upcycled pieces and ask questions where possible.”
I’ve teamed up with Nothing New by Ruthie Ru to offer readers the chance to win one of these wonderfully colourful rainbow bracelets. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries allowed.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older and resident in the UK.
3. The winner or winners will be chosen by a random draw using the competition widget.
4. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter to enable prize fulfillment.
5. The winner’s name may be published on this site.
6. Competition closes at the end of Sunday 2nd August 2020.